Friday, November 14, 2008

Celeriac



I pulled Celeriac today to clear a row for shallots. They had a celery smell to them. I day dreamed of lazy brunches with my family in the city sipping bloody marys. I dreamed of staying warm in small town cozy apartments throughout the winter’s cold.

The Celeriac is sometimes known as "a vegetable octopus" or "Rastafarian turnip." It is a tangled root ball and if you can peal it to it’s core, use it raw or cooked. I have not yet tried the Celeriac. After harvesting four dozen of them I feel like I am meant to put on my witches hat and brew up a Celeriac concoction, drink it and grow some roots.

The Layers Show:

Brown and Pink Vest with Fake Fur Hood, Kmart Seattle, $16
Biker Geek Glasses, Prescription by USA Sport, Internet, $100
20 Use Tube Cloth, used as light hat, REI Chicago, $18
Earrings, Gifted, Free
Green Fancy Girl Camo Zip Turtle Neck, Woolrich, Goldmine Petoskey, $2.50
Pink Sweater, Goldmine Petoskey, $2.50
Having all the Celeriac Harvested, Priceless

No comments: